Install Theme



(Source: foresail)


That’s the thing about rowing.

You always have the option to quit. 

With 750 to go you are totally allowed to say "fuck this" 

Get off the erg.

And never look back.

But every rower I’ve ever met has something to prove. Whether it’s to their team, their coach, their parents, or themselves. They have to prove that they are stronger than they think. 

That’s the thing about rowing. It proves that just because you have the opportunity to give up, doesn’t mean you will. 

(via slow-the-slide)


All I need is a boat and two oars

(via thatcoxswain)


Storm Brewing, Detroit, 2014

(via slow-the-slide)


(Source:, via portoarstarboard)

" A 2k is 80% a mental game and the other 20% is your ability to pull "

" What mattered more than how hard a man rowed was how well everything he did in the boat harmonized with what the other fellows were doing. And a man couldn’t harmonize with his crewmates unless he opened his heart to them. He had to care about his crew. "

- Daniel James Brown (Via

(via love-the-boat)

" When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breath, then you will be successful. "

- Eric Thomas (via allthesegainz)

(via row-sleep-repeat)